Are you a motivated Business Development Director that is looking for a position where you will be rewarded for your successes? Would you like to work for a well-established international clinical research organisation? How does joining a multi-national collaborative working environment sound? Do you have experience in clinical trials? If so, then keep reading…
My client is a global contract research organization supporting a broad range of services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries worldwide. The company has been around for more than 25 years and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide, with multiple offices in the US, UK, Europe and Asia.
They are currently looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to join their team. This role will be responsible for developing new opportunities with biopharmaceutical & medical devices companies.
The key responsibilities include:
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities with new accounts. Establishing and executing a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all their services (pharmacovigilance, regulatory, medical affairs, clinical operations & technology consulting) to represent full capabilities of the organization.
- Establish and nurture strong and long-term relationships with key stakeholders and develop deep knowledge of the client organization.
- Has an established network and proactively connects with the industry leaders to identify potential opportunities.
- Maintain metrics on market dynamics and issues impacting existing/new opportunities and adjust strategy in response to changes
- Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to prepare and lead sales presentation/proposals that include all key elements needed to close the sale.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Building trusted advisor relationships with clients by solving their business and technology problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in life-sciences or business management.
- 10 years relevant industry experience with CRO/BPO organizations.
- Proven track record of developing mid-level and high-level contacts with the life-sciences industry.
- Experience working with highly matrix international teams
- Experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders to identify, anticipate and develop solutions that support client challenges.
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical research activities across the entire spectrum of drug development.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to travel to the client sites and participate in industry forum.