Director of Market Access
The Director of Market Access plays a key role shaping strategy and leading plans aimed at establishing and expanding access and reimbursement for launch and inline products through value demonstration and communication to stakeholders. Success in this role will require close interaction and communication with internal functions and external partners as well as the US leadership team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Direct ownership and responsibility for building/enhancing payer marketing platform and payer access strategies, including commensurate accountability for and attainment of quality payer access targets and aligned execution across functions.
- Drive and inform key decisions regarding assessments and negotiations in a complex and continuously evolving market.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of payer space to shape payer access strategy and future products, including portfolio, market archetype, and lifecycle considerations.
• Ensure alignment of strategies and tactics across customer facing functions.
- Identify and address key product barriers to payer access and performance by applying advanced understanding of and experience with contracting and pricing strategies, payer analytics, and payer market trends.
- Build a broad payer value platform leveraging deep customer insights and incorporating input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive engagement strategy for top customer accounts within Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal channels and lead stakeholder alignment, shape brand/account goals, and drive execution with other customer facing functions.
• Lead discussions and opportunity assessments with account management team related to key customers.
• Ensure timely endorsement from US leadership team through frequent communications and presentations.
- Lead, inform and influence market access-related activities and strategies with cross-functional departments, including HQ.
- Leverage market research, business intelligence, and analytics platform to inform business development opportunities.
• Direct application of advanced analytics to maximize profitable payer access opportunities.
Education and experience requirements
• Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of combined experience within the U.S. pharmaceutical/healthcare market with primary focus within Customer/Account Management, Payer Brand/Customer Marketing, and/or Healthcare consulting.
• Knowledge of US payer channel access marketing.
• Pharmaceutical business leadership, including experience in strategy development and interaction with customers.
- Familiarity with key payer conferences, customers, and opinion leaders, experience designing and leading payer ad boards and market research.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategy that links to executable tactics.
• Prior success delivering results and experience with collaborating across multiple stakeholders to drive results.
- Understanding of key business processes driving performance, and ability to align objectives and execute across multiple disciplines.
- Proven ability to lead teams, build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions. Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Track record demonstrating strong collaborative and communications skills; outstanding writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems.
• Intellectual curiosity and business acumen.
• Ability to work in a rapidly growing startup environment. Change agile.
• Strong customer-orientation; an ability to see issues from the point of view of others.
- An “execution mindset” focused on getting things done quickly and simply.
• Experience managing a high volume of projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of both leadership and team work in a matrix environment.