Position Overview: As a Medical Scientific Director specialising in Cardiology, you will be a key leader within our organisation, responsible for providing medical and scientific expertise in the development and execution of research projects and clinical trials in the cardiology field. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, influence strategic decisions, and ensure the highest standards of scientific integrity. This is a contract position for a seasoned professional looking to make a significant impact in the field of cardiology.
Medical Strategy: Develop and lead the medical and scientific strategy for cardiology-related research projects and clinical trials, aligning with organisational objectives.
Scientific Leadership: Provide guidance and expertise to internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, clinicians, and study teams, ensuring scientific rigor and excellence.
Protocol Development: Lead the development of clinical trial protocols, investigator brochures, and other study-related documents, incorporating the latest advancements in cardiology research.
KOL Engagement: Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in cardiology, fostering collaborations and partnerships.
Regulatory Affairs: Collaborate with regulatory teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, including the design and execution of studies that meet regulatory standards.
Data Analysis: Oversee the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data, guiding the preparation of publications, presentations, and submissions.
Team Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including clinical operations, regulatory affairs, and medical affairs, to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Medical degree (MD) with specialised training and board certification in Cardiology is a bonus.
- Proven experience in a medical or scientific leadership role within the cardiology field, including clinical trial design and execution.
- Strong understanding of cardiology research, therapies, and emerging trends.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with KOLs and stakeholders effectively.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience in navigating regulatory requirements in cardiology research.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive strategic decisions.
- This is a contract position with a duration of 12 months.
- The location for this role is Italy.