Principal Statistical Programmer
A phenomenal CRO that specialises in data science is currently seeking a Principal Statistical Programmer to join their team on a fully remote and permanent basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required for the position
- B.A/B.S or at least 5 years relevant experience in clinical programming.
- Design and document databases for data entry and/or electronic data transfers to meet requirements of the analysis plan.
- Create data sets for data analysis and/or for transfer to external groups as necessary, including potential integration of multiple existing data sets.
- Provide data sets and documentation for data management decisions, and participate as appropriate in making decisions.
- Write programs to create summary data displays and to perform data analyses as specified in the statistical analysis plan.
- Use SAS, or alternative software, to generate documents (e.g. tables, listings, figures, define.doc, narratives) that can be submitted to regulatory agencies. Evaluate results in light of good clinical practice.
- Conduct Quality Control checks on programs and outputs generated by statisticians and other programmers. This involves writing and checking code, as well as output checks and comparisons in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and expand expertise as needed for the position and project responsibilities.
- Identify training needs and assist in the implementation of training activities for self and other staff.
- Follow all company standard operating procedures and best programming practices. Participate in quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) activities as requested by QA/QC.
- Communicate quality concerns to the Quality Committee or directly to the President/CEO.