Vice President – R&D and Research Innovation
As a recognized leader in targeted anti-cancer radioimmunotherapy and targeted conditioning for bone marrow transplant, my client is rapidly building and advancing a clinical-stage portfolio of promising radiopharmaceutical drug candidates. With this growth, the Company is committed to investing in the future of the Company through a significant expansion of its research capabilities and scientific leadership to drive the development of innovative technologies to extending its leading position in the development of novel radio-conjugates for cancer therapy. The Company is advancing truly unique and novel approaches to target radiation directly to cancer cells and seeks an energetic and visionary leader to develop, drive and enable the successful advancement of this next phase of our technology and our pipeline. The selected candidate will report into the Chief Science & Technology Officer.
We seek a skilled and talented senior leader with demonstrated expertise in drug target identification and drug discovery who has a strong scientific foundation in protein science and the proven ability to leverage pioneering technologies to drive the drug discovery process. The ideal candidate is a bona fide innovator, with demonstrated evidence of accomplishment in drug and target discovery, particularly for cancer, as documented in patents and publications. The selected candidate must have a strong grasp of cell systems biology and associated technology and their application in the drug and target discovery process. This is a truly exciting opportunity for a talented, entrepreneurial, scientific leader to translate his/her extensive experience in cell and protein biology, utilizing innovative technological processes to develop and advance game changing therapies for the effective treatment of cancer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. or MD-Ph.D. Life Sciences (15+ years’ experience in industry or academics after post-doc)
- Significant experience and expertise in target identification for drug discovery (in academics or industry) – genuine target hunter
- Expertise in leading drug discovery and development teams (particularly biologics)
- Deep technical understanding of ‘omics and their application in target discovery through demonstrated experience
- Strong cell systems biology and cell signaling background, and associated technologies
- Demonstrated experience or capability in developing or leveraging biomolecular screening approaches for drug selection
- Innovator – technically savvy; able to convert strategy into reality
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and organized
- Strong networking capabilities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Evidence of technical achievement and innovation through patent filings and publications
If you believe that you are the right person for this role, please apply now. Alternatively, if you believe you know somebody in your network who would be suited to this position please forward the details. We also have a presence on LinkedIn and Twitter, or you can sign to our mailing list on our website to be kept up to date with our roles.
As specialist recruiters in life sciences, our mission is to create a positive impact in the world. We place visionary people in thriving cultures where they can create a brighter future. Our impact and what that means to society is why we go the extra mile. We even baked it into our name, Medella, which means to heal. Pairing brilliant scientists with brilliant companies we find wildly exciting, and it drives everything we do.